Friday, August 19, 2011

Creamy Peanut Butter Pie For My Mr.M, LilMissJ and BigGirlH


I was reading my daily blog roll and was over at Jessica's blog and something caught my eye. Yes, at first it was the picture about the Peanut Butter Pie ~~ I am 36 weeks pregnant what else am I going to look at? Then I started reading the story about Jennifer from In Jennie's Kitchen. It about broke my heart. All I had to read was a Tweet saying:

“He’s gone. And my heart is shattered in a million pieces.” – Jennifer

My heart fell. I do not know this person. I have never read her blog. I do not know if she is old, young, married, single or a mother. Just those words told me a lot and I hurt for her. As most other's probably do too. I immediately thought of my husband, my daughter's and my baby growing inside me. I could not imagine losing any of them. I do not think I would have the strength to be that rock if I did.

In her post “For Mikey,” Jennifer said:
For those asking what they can do to help my healing process, make a peanut butter pie this Friday and share it with someone you love. Then hug them like there’s no tomorrow because today is the only guarantee we can count on.

I am leaving today to spend some needed time with my girlfriends but my family is not far from my mind or my heart. So I whipped this up for them before I left so they would know just how much I love them while I am gone. I just hope mine looks the same as Jessica's. I know it tastes good since I sampled some extra filling. Again -- 36 weeks pregnant. It just needs to firm up.
All the ingredients -- I didn't make the crust this time



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...