Tuesday, March 22, 2011

When life hands you lemons you make lemonaide


Surprise Girls!

We are into week 14!! or through week 14!! I am not really sure how this whole thing works right now. All I know is that the reveal could not have gone more perfectly. The weekend started off beautifully with a Date Night! Yep - going to have to get used to those with this little one on the way. We went to a local are studio 'Bottles N Brushes' and did the Picasso Style painting of your partner. I was so nervous never painting anything before in my life and not having the luxury of wine to help ease my nerves.

Here Mike is intensely working on my painting

 In the end, it turned out all right!! Mine looks more cartoonish and Mr. M's version of me looks like Lady Gaga with a square body and an alien inside it. Lets talk about my hair for a minute.... Mr. M will talk about this Blond hair that he thinks will look good on me. Every time he sees a girl with it he will either take a picture or show it to me. Now none of these hair colors look the same mind you so trying to imitate would be impossible. His painting of me has the PERFECT version of the blond hair he is looking for.

See what I mean about the hair??

On to the Reveal... I had it all planned out for weeks now. Give the girls respective Carolina Gamecocks and Clemson Tigers Onesies for the baby. (Perfect in my mind BC the baby is due during football season and no matter what this kid will wear school colors whether a Boy or Girl). So the girls sit in their seats I am ready with camera and..... voila! I got nothin. They both hold them up look at them and say "Mommy these are too small" Ughhh failure. My perfect vision of how this would go over is not panning out. SO plan B - Mr M and I show our portraits of each other. Immediately Big Girl H jumps up and says "Mommy is having a baby!" Really she got that from the alien looking thing in my belly. Guess so. Then the excitement ensues. The Thank yous are flowing. So funny the girls think I am having a baby for them and not because Mr M and I want to expand our family. We all went to the beach on Sat due to the heat being 85. I think I wore my 1st and last bikini this summer. On Sunday the girls and I did some retail therapy shopping for the baby. Our theme is Mint Chocolate Chip and that is all they were looking for.

Onto this week -- the week of the Lemon. By Wednesday this week I am finally giving into the pregnancy. Comfort is my desire now especially since I am so sick yesterday and today. And I cannot take anything. The nurse told me that "in my condition" I love that term -- I can take Tylenol and the Netti Pot.  Both are my friend right now. Today I had every intention of  wearing regular pants and a stretchy top. Now, with how awful I feel I pulled out the Belly Band.

So I slip this thing on after reading the directions. Really Directions?? I unbutton my buttons and hope and prey my pants stay up. Much to my surprise it doesn't look bad, my pants are not falling down and it is somewhat comfortable. I am a believer. This will now be a staple of my daily outfits until I succumb to the maternity clothes. 14 weeks still in regular clothes on my 3rd child not bad...right? Still my girlfriend and I are going to start "looking" at maternity clothes this weekend. Kind of dip our toes in so to speak.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...