Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day and a meeting with ShawBaby

Happy Mother's Day!!



Baby Carriage from ShawBaby
I had an amazing weekend with my family. Started with breakfast in bed and ended with seeing the newest member of our family.  I absolutely love being a mother to my daughters. They are the sweetest little people I know. Everyday they go to lengths to show me they appreciate me and love me. They also have their moments when I just shake my head and think "Do they ever listen." I was so proud of them for creating my breakfast in bed with food I like to eat unlike the random bananas with syrup.

On Sunday, we went to church. I am always amazed at how husbands and fathers show their appreciation for mothers. There are so many that say "You're not my mother" or some that do not appreciate that there is now someone to remember their mother for them on mother's day. It was really touching how the church honored mothers for all the little things. It is the one day a year you sit back and think wow my mom really did a lot for me and I didn't even notice Until I became a mother. I want to be that same person for my girls and soon to be ShawBaby. I love how on this day they tell e all the little things they are thankful for. This  shows me I am doing an OK job and I am not a huge failure bc some nights I am too tired to make their lunches and they have to eat school food. It was truly wonderful to see another family love and appreciate their mother the same way but in a public way. I like mine in homemade cards, hugs and snuggles but still feels the same.

So...... Monday Finally arrived and we got to see ShawBaby!!! We have been teasing all along but we do not know the sex of our baby. And I am happy with that conclusion. Now I get to count the days to meet ShawBaby.


Arms in front of face hiding

Look at all those fingers

Looks like baby is blowing bubbles

So sweet with the hand and foot

Strong looking arms and legs. One adorable foot
We spent about 30 - 45 mins in the ultra sound room looking at every part of out baby. Saw all 4 chambers of the heart working. Look closely at the brain and believed the technician when she told us "Looks good." Figure she knew what she was looking for over us. We did get to see babies face. Looked a little like an alien but I know you will grow into it! The good news is you have 2 eyes, 2 ears a nose and mouth! Mr M. got to meet the BabyDr for the 1st time. They seemed to hit it off nicely. Now that we moved past the not finding out stage of the pregnancy we get to start thinking about how we want to be revealed the sex of the baby. Do we want her to announce it, Do we want her hold the baby up and just show us and let us in the moment decipher for ourselves? We shall see. I am  a go with the flow kind of girl so I'll be happy just to see ShawBaby on the outside.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's out there. You do so much, it does get noticed and appreciated even if it is not expressed. This does not make it right or OK. We should all do a better job showing gratitude.

Love
The Shaw's
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...