Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Night Dinner ~ Yummers

My Dear Hubs aka Mr.M. is getting ready to go back to working life on the road. To show him my appreciation for spending time with me all weekend instead of the OTHER woman in his life…. not to worry –it is only the golf course. I am making him a FANTABULOUS dinner.
Seafood Pasta 011
This morning I made him a wonderful omelet with yogurt parfait, a bagel thin and French press coffee. This should be the only way you should drink coffee.
Now onto Dinner tonight – Seafood and Sausage Pasta.


First we started with Fresh Shrimp and peeled and deveined them. Then took the hot chicken sausage out of the casing and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Chopped up all the veggies – Red and Yellow peppers, Shallots, Green onions, Garlic, and lemon. The remaining ingredients included parmesan cheese, linguine pasta, Emeril Essence, olive oil, heavy cream, parsley and my all time FAVORITE and desperately missed side to each meal – dry white wine. Heck – I miss all wine.
Let me tell you a little story about this white wine used into tonight's dinner. On my limited budget before  marrying Mr.M. I would drink Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc because it was affordable and DELISH. On my first trip to Canada with  Mr.M., we had gone to dinner and I was in sticker shock at some of the prices. Here is a prime example:
canada 209
This is our $35.00 bottle of Monkey Bay. We had to take a picture because I was laughing so hard. Mr.M. did not believe me  that we drank this wine back home for ….wait for it….. $9.99!! I love it. So tonight I got it for us ..err him and our meal.
Seafood Pasta 003
Mine on the left. Ice Cold Diet Tonic Water with Fresh Squeezed Lime and Mr.M’s on the right. A fine Sauvignon Blanc White Wine. Yes I am a good mommy to be. 
He came home from hockey tonight to a home cooked meal, wine and dessert. He absolutely loved it even with him not being a huge shrimp fan. BoomBoomShaw has been kicking away so the baby must have enjoyed it as well. Have a great evening. I am going to put my feel up and relax while Mr.M. does the dishes.
signature
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...