Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tutorial - how to make Lettuce or Ruffle Edge


Do you all remember my post about scarves??? Well I did it!! Finally sat down and made my scarf. I am going to share my short road to the finished product. I just finished at the gym so we won't have any pics of me wearing the scarf....yet.

Remember this Scarf?

First I had to learn how to make a ruffled edge on fabric. Thanks to this tutorial I think I got the hand of it.

 Above is the Fabric cut to 11" wide x 64" long
 Here we are pulling from both ends of the fabric to create a stretch with a zig zag stitch to make a Ruffle Edge
 Still there with the Scarf Draping
 All wrapped up after we closed the loop to make the scarf
Just imagine my head in the middle of the scarf... Seriously, I will take one of me tomorrow to post as a complete outfit. I am so pleased with the outcome. Only 1 wish -- the fabric was a little more heavier weight.

Drum Roll Please ... Sorry these pictures are no where near professional. I was running late to work and using a Camera Phone!!
Love how this one looks like it is framing the baby



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...