Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3 Weeks... late again


I cannot tell you how much I love my PEANUT!! This week has been so busy. We are halfway through the birthdays. This was the  milestone week that Sterling and I got our groove back. It felt great. This week has also got my mind twisting and turning bc I want to stay home with this baby and not go back to work.
10 years ago I did not have the Gene to be a stay at home mom. Now that I have managed a career and a household without too many catastrophes my heart is pulling me in a new direction.
I am pretty sure it is not guilt that is pulling at my heart. I worked long and hard while my girls have grown up. I did everything I could to make my time special with them. I tried to make it to every school activity they wanted me to attend because it was special. I would walk the girls into school every day since I was not always available to come to school for lunches or parent teacher conferences.
Now that I am home on maternity leave, my 9 and 10 year old are riding the bus  home from school. I have been able to go to school and have lunch with them AND participate in  my first parent teacher conferences. I get to spend quality time with my girls doing homework! Never thought I would be excited about that. The best thing I am thankful for right now is not having to Race around town to get the girls to activities and still be late.
Life sure has slown down and who could blame it. Look at this little man. I love spending every moment with him every day. No decisions have been made but there is a little spark in the back of my mind. I do know that the day I go back to work will be a very hard one.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...