Monday, April 25, 2011

Baby Steps

Good Morning! Very exciting news here. I am very conscious of the foods I make for my family. I try very hard to not use "From Box" foods as Fresh is always Best. So in my effort to expand on this, I would like to dedicate 1 day a week to trying something 100% Fresh ~ Organic (is possible) and potentially Vegan. I am not 100% sure what the criteria for Vegan entails but I am willing to try. You see a lot of posts online where there are part time vegetarians or part time vegans. There are pros and cons to both. I am of the opinion a little is better than nothing. Reason as to why I am willing to try ... A nice checkout person at Whole Foods talked me into trying a Vegan Cookie after I explained they looked SO MUCH BETTER than the regular Full Fat cookies they made. Mr M and I were Shocked at just how delicious these cookies were to taste. So here goes.... A dear friend of mine introduced me to Kale. She makes it with her Rare Tuna (which is to die for as well). Today's inspiration comes from another blog where they share this wonderful recipe for Kale Chips.


Spicy Kale Chips

Ingredients:1 bunch of green kale (you can use purple, but we prefer green)
1 TBS of extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp curry powder
fine grain sea salt to taste

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 300° and spray two baking sheets with Pam.

Thoroughly wash kale and tear into bite sized pieces while discarding stems. Place in
a salad spinner and dry well.

Combine olive oil, coriander, cayenne, and curry powder into a small dish and whisk together.

Transfer kale to a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil mixture over it. Toss with your hands until all the leaves are evenly coated.

Spread the kale in a single layer onto the baking sheets and place in the oven for 18-20 min, turning once halfway through baking. The kale is done with it is crispy and slightly brown around the edges.

Lightly sprinkle with salt and begin to devour. Nom nom nom ... makes me think of Cookie Monster just Healthier!!

Photo Credit: Today's Letters
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...