Friday, April 29, 2011

We have a Princess ... well not we

Being from America and not having any royalty except the Disney Classics, it is quite strange and exciting at the same time to see a Princess. It is what all of us girls have dreamt about since we were little. My Husband is from Canada and shows some interest in all this as he jokes someday she might be on his money!!

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something Blue

 Something old: The bridal gown, from Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen, featured “traditional Carrickmacross craftsmanship,” a lace technique that dates back to the 1800s.

Something new: Her parents gifted their daughter with custom-made diamond oak-leaf earrings with a diamond-encrusted acorn set in the middle, a nod to their new family crest.

Something borrowed: Kate’s tiara, on loan from the queen herself, per royal wedding tradition, is a 1936 Cartier “halo.”
Something blue: We can't see it, but a blue ribbon is sewn into the interior of her dress.


Sweetest moment for me was right here:  William and Kate sharing a moment with her father almost like there wasn't 2 Billion people watching them.
And this was only supposed to be a small family affair

Sisters... so lovely

First, I absolutely loved Pippa's dress. This is very Kate style dress and I imagine her to change into something just as stunning for her Reception this evening. The look back to her sister shows the appreciation they have for each other. She looks so happy to be sharing this moment with her.

The Kiss... And there were 2. I almost wish there was a Tidge (my English accent) more intimacy here. Maybe an arm on the small of her  back. All in all, I still feel they are truly in love and it shows.


Brothers: I have not been able to find a good picture of both of them head on. I was so happy to see them together and even joking a little in the beginning of the Ceremony. I loved the way Harry whispered to William as Kate Walked down the aisle. I felt William wanting to turn and see her so desperately. Harry is a fine looking young man.

I wish I had today off to Celebrate and Watch. Being that we are 5 hours behind the festivities I had to get up at 4AM to watch / Tivo. Almost talked myself into going back to bed BUT stayed up to watch. Even had my Dear Husband Texting me from out of town to let me know he was watching too.

And if I did have the Day Off, Unlimited Vacation as well as Unlimited Money... I would be one of these people:


Best Wishes to the Bride and Groom. Many Years of Happiness. Please keep us in your Public Lives as you will change the way we all feel about the Royal Family.


Photo Credits: The Today Show
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...