Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Saying Goodbye To A Coworker Is Hard To Do

The title should be a song. I am still surprised I have been at my job for 10 years already. Wow already?? Makes me feel old. Makes me feel excited because I FINALLY get 3 weeks vacation. Also, makes me feel happy and sad at the same time. One of our coworkers who has been with us for 15 years has been promoted to a Supervisor at our company. She was my teacher and mentor in our department since Day 1. I am so excited for her but will miss her dearly. SO..... I am making her a goodbye cake and putting together a luncheon. Tonight was the cake and the icing tonight. Tomorrow is the decorating part.... Whew.

Steps Below:
#1 you need my baby THE VIKING mixing bowl. She is a beauty and I couldn't bake without her.

#2 a great cake mix, a pan in any shape or size and a little bit of imagination.

#3 once the cakes are done baking and cooled, you get to do my favorite part of cake baking... cut off the top to make it square and able to lay flat. Oh yeah and eating the top leftover part.


This is what I am talking about YUM
#4 time to layer. You need to ensure the cake stays together in place. What a better way to accomplish this then to use Chocolate Icing as your glue... right?


#5 Time to make the Icing.... sound like another slogan? Feels about that early in the morning about now too.
Nothing beats made from scratch icing. Anyone can buy it in a can but this turns out so much fluffier and you can make it any color you want.


Again you need to use my BABY

#6 Adding color. Your options are endless all you need is food color. A lil will be a light color and A Lot will create a darker color. Does not change the flavor except maybe when you need to make black.



#7 package this all up and save for tomorrow night. Get a good nights rest and clean up the mess so far.

Until tomorrow and the finished product - Bon Soir
Final Product

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...